Northbrook, IL (July 31, 2010) — In spite of economic conditions, charities and non-profit organizations continue to have financial and volunteer needs that must be fulfilled. At Shell Vacations, everyone is doing their part to ensure that those less fortunate are not left out in the cold. From the corporate offices near Chicago to the company’s 23 resorts and their employees, as well as Shell Vacations Club (SVC) members, everyone is eagerly stepping in to help out.
From a corporate standpoint, SVC’s Crotched Mountain Resort, in Francestown, New Hampshire, once again served as a major sponsor of the 5th Annual Golf Tournament and Silent Auction for Autism in July, held at The Oaks Golf Links in Somersworth. The $8,000 raised by the tournament provides resources for support and education to families facing the challenges of autism. New Hampshire native Tracy Sherles, President of Shell Vacations, participated as a player in the tournament.
For Shell Vacations employees, SVCares remains an inspired part of life as they join forces to raise awareness for causes, funds for charities and support for various non-profit organizations with each region responsible for selecting their own charity. Here are a few examples of the good deeds being completed by employees of this most generous company.
- Employees from Carriage Hills Resort & Carriage Ridge Resort are racing together in the Annual Dragon Boat Festival on August 28th to raise donations for the Orillia and Midland SPCA. To date, employees have raised nearly $1,500.
- In June, Orange Tree Golf Resort in Scottsdale donated 68 complimentary golf tee times to the Antigua Junior Tour, a group of youth golfers from communities surrounding the resort.
- The Legacy Golf Resort continues to take part in the American Cancer Society’s Patient Lodging Program, providing lodging for cancer patients and their families during periods of treatment. Since January 2010, the resort provided eleven patients and their families with 70 free room nights at this exclusive resort property in Phoenix.
- Employees from Desert Rose Resort® in Las Vegas (pictured above) are raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, planning to participate in an October marathon for the cause.
- In May, employees from SVC’s Hawaii Region participated in The Hawaii Hotel and Lodging Association’s 32nd Annual Visitor Industry Charity Walk. Employees and their family and friends generated close to $2,700 to benefit various non-profit and charitable organizations throughout the Hawaiian Islands.
At the Shell Vacations Club member level – in coordination with Walter Reed Army Medical Center – SVC’s Vacations for Vets program provides U.S. military personnel recovering from injuries sustained while serving our country with complimentary accommodations made possible by the generous donations of SVC Points from SVC Members. Since the program started about two years ago, over 3,600 SVC Members & SVC Loyalty Points Members have donated points through the Vacations For Vets program with 78 soldiers and their families enjoying vacations or have future vacations confirmed. A large percentage of the vets have selected Desert Rose Resort® in Las Vegas (pictured) as their vacation of choice.
Headquartered in Northbrook, IL, Shell Vacations LLC is one of the most respected independent vacation ownership developers in the United States, operating or affiliated 23 resorts in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. The company specializes in the sales and hospitality management of vacation ownership resorts as well as servicing over 125,000 owner and member families of its vacation ownership products.
For Additional Information Contact
Karen Buttice at 847-564-4600
SOURCE: Shell Vacations LLC