Are you smarter than a fifth grader? Answer these questions to find out. The answers are tricky, but painfully obvious once you know them. If you get them all right, you’re a freakin’ genius! (Answers are at the bottom.)
- Why are 2010 dollar bills worth more than 2009 dollar bills?
- Johnny’s mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child’s name?
- There is a clerk at the butcher shop, he is five feet ten inches tall and he wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?
- Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
- How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?
- What word in the English Language is always spelled incorrectly?
- Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?
- In California, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?
- What was the President’s Name in 1975?
- If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
- Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg are white” or “The yolk of the egg is white”?
- If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in another field?
Scroll down for the answers…
- Because 2010 is one dollar more than 2009
- Johnny, of course
- As a butcher, he weighs meat
- Mt. Everest; it just wasn’t discovered yet
- There is no dirt in a hole
- Because Billy lives in the southern hemisphere, where seasons are reversed
- You can’t take pictures with a wooden leg. You need a camera to take pictures
- His name was the same as it is now: Barack Obama
- You would be in 2nd place. You passed the person in second place, not the person in first place
- Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow
- One. If he combines all of his haystacks, they all become one big stack
I ain’t sayin’ how well I did. So how’d you do???
Do you have an 'off' topic you'd like to share? It can be about anything, which is why it's called "Off Topic". Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words "Off Topic" in the Subject Box.