Gives Members Exclusive Access to Dream Vacation Options
Parsippany, NJ (January 10, 2012) — RCI, the global leader in vacation exchange and part of the Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) family of brands, recently announced an agreement with Divi Resorts that gives members at all five of its RCI®-affiliated resorts in Aruba and St. Maarten the opportunity to opt for RCI Points Platinum memberships.
“RCI Platinum is a premium-tier membership option that opens up a world of vacation opportunities for our members,” said Gordon Gurnik, president, RCI. “Since its debut last year, the RCI Platinum membership has been met with positive responses from members who notice that their vacation experiences have been taken to a whole new level, which adds value to the products that affiliates like Divi Resorts offer vacationers.”
RCI members who join the RCI Points Platinum membership tier receive benefits including:
- Priority Access, which gives members the opportunity to be at the ‘front of the line’ for specially-acquired exchange vacations in many sought-after locations
- Opportunities for unit upgrades if larger units are available within two weeks of check-in with no additional Deposit Trading Power required*
- Rebates on select RCI transactions, which are automatically credited back to the members’ RCI Platinum accounts for use on future RCI transactions
- Experiential Vacation Exchange, which gives members the opportunity to use their Deposit Trading Power toward discounts on vacation experiences such as safaris and tours of the Galapagos
- Platinum Cruise Exchange, which offers an additional $25 USD off per cabin when compared to standard RCI membership and a greater choice of cruise options
- A higher rate of Cash Back rewards through the RCI Shopping PerksSM program than regular members receive
- Discounts on purchases while on vacation including city attraction admission, ski lift passes, dining, golf fees, theater tickets and more
“We recently began offering the RCI Platinum membership to our new owners,” says EJ Schanfarber, president, Divi Resorts. “It’s an exciting value added program in the RCI product line. We’re confident that the RCI Platinum membership will be a great new incentive for our sales teams to offer potential buyers.”
Divi Resorts, based in North Carolina, is a resort company that specializes exclusively in Caribbean vacation destinations. Divi Caribbean Beach Resorts feature spacious studio, one- or two-bedroom suites with private balconies and sweeping Caribbean island views. A wide range of resort amenities include both casual and fine dining, freshwater pools, tropical gardens and many vacation activities suited for Caribbean island vacations.
*Additional housekeeping or other resort-specific fees may apply based on the increased unit size.
RCI is the worldwide leader in vacation exchange with over 4,000 affiliated resorts in approximately 100 countries. RCI pioneered the concept of vacation exchange in 1974, offering members increased flexibility and versatility with their vacation ownership experience. Today, through RCI® Weeks, the traditional week-for-week exchange system, and RCI Points®, the industry’s first global points-based exchange system, RCI provides flexible vacation options to its 3.7 million RCI subscribing members each year. RCI is part of Wyndham Exchange & Rentals and the Wyndham Worldwide family of brands (NYSE: WYN). For additional information visit our media center, rciaffiliates.com or The RCI Blog. RCI also can be found on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.