It’s that time of year to take our annual senior citizen test. Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it’s important to keep mentally alert. If you don’t use it, you lose it! Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence.
Take the test presented here to determine if you’re losing it or not. The answers to the questions are printed at the bottom, so you can’t peek before you give your answers.
1. What do you put in a toaster?
2. Say “silk” five times. Now spell “silk.” What do cows drink?
3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?
4. It’s twenty years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany .) Anyway, during the flight, TWO engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he can do so and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of “no man’s land” between East Germany and West Germany . Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany, West Germany, or no man’s land”?
5. Without using a calculator: You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people get on the bus; In Reading, six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on In Cardiff , 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on In Carmarthen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus driver ?
Now for the ANSWERS:
Answer 1: “bread.” If you said “toast,” give up now and do something else. Try not to hurt yourself.
Answer 2: Cows drink water. If you said “milk,” don’t attempt the next question. Your brain is over-stressed and may even overheat. Content yourself with reading a more appropriate literature such as Auto World.
Answer 3: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said “green bricks,” why the heck are you still reading these???
Answer 4: You don’t bury survivors. If you said ANYTHING else, you’re a dunce and you must stop.
Answer 5: Oh, for crying out loud! Don’t you remember your own name? It was YOU!!
Now pass this along to all your friends and pray they do better than you.
PS: 95% of people fail most of the questions!!
Do you have an 'off' topic you'd like to share? It can be about anything, which is why it's called "Off Topic". Send it to email@example.com, with the words "Off Topic" in the Subject Box.