PARSIPPANY, N.J. (February 26, 2014) — RCI, the global leader in vacation exchange and part of the Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) family of brands, recently unveiled several enhancements to its RCI eSchool, a free online learning platform offered exclusively to RCI affiliated resorts. RCI eSchool, which first launched in 2011, provides the latest industry information and techniques and helps RCI affiliates eliminate the prohibitive cost of in-person training.
“In today’s competitive marketplace, cost-effective staff training is more important than ever,” said Gordon Gurnik, president, RCI. “We are proud to offer the enhanced RCI eSchool platform to our affiliates, giving them a fast, free way to train new and existing team members and helping them maintain high standards of employee education and consumer happiness.”
The RCI eSchool network now gives all affiliated properties even more powerful tools to bolster the knowledge and skills of resort staff, including:
- Custom View: The program now allows users to rearrange content tiles to create a custom view that best suits their personal preference and learning style.
- My Learning Plan: The platform now tracks associates’ progress, learning hours and history, and issues certificates upon completion of each course.
- Search Catalog: Affiliates’ associates can now search the course catalog by keyword, course name or subject to quickly find the right course for their development needs.
- Ability to Earn and Track ARDA AIF Credits: The enhanced RCI eSchool offers courses that are accredited by ARDA for Continuing Education Credits that affiliates can use toward earning their ARP or RRP professional designation.
“RCI eSchool has been a great addition to our training program,” said Karla Davis, general manager of Plantation Resort in Surfside Beach, South Carolina. “Our RCI account executive demonstrated how easy the tutorials are to access and complete while visiting our resort. This is a perfect way to invest in training existing employees as well as deliver the necessary knowledge and skill set to new employees. It also helps bridge the performance gap among those assigned to the same job or task. Our employees feel a sense of accomplishment when they complete a session and print their certificate. RCI eSchool is a great cost-effective tool to increase staff efficiency, productivity and effectiveness.”
RCI eSchool offers fun and interactive educational courses in several categories:
- RCI Products and Services: Training on the RCI Weeks® program including trading power, the RCI Points® program, the RCI Platinum® premium membership tier and the RCI Resort Recognition program.
- RCI’s Reporting Systems: Tutorials on ResortLink, RCI Affiliate Reporting and Comment Card Reporting.
- Professional Development Skill Builders: Access to courses that develop customer service, leadership and effective management skills.
- Spanish Courses: Four of the above courses have also been translated into Spanish.
RCI is the worldwide leader in vacation exchange with nearly 4,500 affiliated resorts in more than 100 countries. RCI pioneered the concept of vacation exchange in 1974, offering members increased flexibility and versatility with their vacation ownership experience. Today, through RCI Weeks®, the traditional week-for-week exchange system, and RCI Points®, the industry’s first global points-based exchange system, RCI provides flexible vacation options to its approximately 3.7 million RCI subscribing members each year. RCI’s luxury exchange program, The Registry Collection®, is the world’s largest program of its kind with approximately 200 affiliated properties either accessible for exchange or under development on six continents. RCI is part of Wyndham Exchange & Rentals and the Wyndham Worldwide family of brands (NYSE: WYN). For additional information visit our media center, rciaffiliates.com or The RCI Blog. RCI also can be found on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
PRESS RELEASE SOURCE: RCI