MIAMI, FL (June 11, 2014) — Club Med – the original all-inclusive resort company – is thrilled to announce the inaugural celebration of Travel Agent Appreciation Month. During the month of June, Club Med will extend thanks to travel advisors with a variety of activities designed to showcase the importance they have played in the brand’s success and recognize them for their unwavering support.
“Over the years, our travel partners have been instrumental to the long term success of Club Med especially as the brand has re-emerged as the worldwide leader in upscale, family-focused, all-inclusive vacations. However, this year in particular, Club Med in the U.S. has had a banner year and we want to take an opportunity to say ‘thank you for all that you do,’” said Patrick Mitchell, Vice President of Sales for Club Med North America. “During the past two years, we have engaged and educated 3,000 travel advisors through the Club Med Expert Agent program, inviting travel advisors to become Club Med storytellers through webinars, front line advisor trainings and industry trade shows. The prosperity of our brand in the U.S. would not be possible without the commitment of our travel partners and the exceptional travel advisors who represent them and their clients.”
During the month long celebration, Club Med will run an array of activities to demonstrate its appreciation to travel advisors as an integral part of sharing the brand’s story, including the following:
Best Story Wins
Club Med’s Social Marketing team will conduct a contest via Facebook and email encouraging travel advisors to submit stories about how they played a role in creating happiness for their clients on their Club Med vacation; clients are able to submit stories as well. Club Med will then select the top three stories from which visitors to the Club Med Great Agent Facebook page will vote. The travel advisor with the winning story will be awarded a seven-night vacation to Club Med’s newly transformed resort in Cancun for up to four guests. The client who contributed the story will receive a three-night vacation to any Club Med resort in Florida, the Caribbean or Mexico for up to four.
Random Acts of Kindness
Throughout Travel Advisor Appreciation Month, Club Med’s Business Development Managers will surprise travel advisors with “random acts of happiness”, from fresh flower arrangements and dinner certificates to spa baskets and gift cards. Club Med will also award one complimentary resort stay to each of the eight properties located in Florida, Mexico and the Caribbean. The winners will be randomly chosen on June 27 from a pool of travel advisors who have booked a Club Med vacation in the past two years (July 1, 2012 – June 27, 2014).
New Tools for Support for Travel Advisors
• Club Med’s consumer website – www.clubmed.us — will have its travel agency locater enriched with additional content focused on the value a travel advisor can provide to consumers.
• Enhancements to the travel partner B2B tools on clubmedta.com and easyclubmed.com will be revealed during the month.
• An update and relaunch of the Club Med Expert Agent certification program and the Great Agents rewards program on Travel Agent University (www.tauiniv.com).
• Launch of Club Med’s innovative co-branded marketing platform with five partners.
• New travel advisor newsletter and Club Med product updates, promotional offers and selling tips.
• Addition of a new Group Sales Specialist to the Club Med Business team to respond more quickly to the growing demand for groups of all types – meeting, incentive, affinity and multi-generational families.
• Reorganization of the Customer Contact Center in October 2014 to offer better support for sales and services.
• The ultimate in Travel Advisor recognition – the first Club Med Great Agent Awards at Club Med Cancun Yucatan September 2014. This first event will honor Club Med’s top producing, most loyal and most innovative travel partners and the exceptional travel advisors who represent them and their clients.
For more information, travel partners and travel advisors are invited to visit Club Med’s dedicated travel agent website, www.clubmedta.com or speak to a reservation specialist at 1-800-CLUBMED.
PRESS RELEASE SOURCE: Club Med