-by Reputation Maxx
In the past we have covered a variety of reasons why clubs and resorts need online reputation management (ORM). We have touched on why ORM is important, the loss of sales due to a lacking ORM campaign, and the challenges of undertaking these efforts alone. One of the things Reputation Maxx focuses on and studies is how to provide the newest cutting edge tactics in the world of SEO/ORM. Much like the ongoing conversations held at ARDA and C.A.R.E and AMDETUR on how do we appeal to the millennial generation or how do we market to them, the conversations we have internally are the same. As a growth oriented company, how do we keep improving our tactics to provide our customers with the best service?
2014 was a year of several updates and a major shift in the search engine algorithms. Several companies methods were put to the test and tactics that functioned in the past, are no longer relevant. Staying current on the updates made by Google, and how it affects each clients online landscape is vital. ORM becomes a more difficult task for resorts, as it simply becomes more and more time consuming. 2014 was the year of content, massive amounts of content, but the outlook has shifted. It is not that the trend calls to decrease content output, but instead how that content is managed and organized online is becoming more and more important. Essentially it is now a much more detailed process and requires a tremendous amount of attention to fine details.
Here are a few tips for 2015 for resorts and clubs to help start off on the right foot regarding their online reputations. Some may seem like common sense, but surprisingly most companies are not doing them.
- How do we get reviews online? Ask for them! Sales people, front desk staff, and member services should be asking for positive reviews from satisfied guests. This applies for travel clubs and timeshare tracks alike. Sales people are trained to ask for the sale, so asking for a review should be a lot easier!
- Organize a newsletter on club or resort happenings and send it out at least twice yearly to keep clients interested
- Facebook and social media contests. Contests are low cost for the resort or club, and they help generate content and images which help your cause; looking better online!
- Avoid spam links and profiles. In the past many companies, created links on sites in an attempt to get more content online. However, this is frowned upon and is harmful.
- Give back. Giving back to the community goes a long way in the PR world and when leveraged correctly can help a reputation soar online
- Call the professionals at Reputation Maxx. It is amazing the objection we hear often “we do our online reputation management in-house”. 9 out of 10 times when we look at the companies online who tell us this, they look horrible. I’m talking about rip-off report, pissed consumer, a scam website created by a client sometimes, a consumer protection website appearing for these companies. Look at it this way, it takes 2-3 people minimum to handle ORM properly. Paying these people individually works out to be a lot more than our services cost, and our results have been proven to work!
We hope 2014 has been as prosperous and educational for everyone out there as it has been for us! Happy Holidays and an excellent 2015 to all!
For more information about Reputation Maxx, its philanthropic efforts and information about the different services that this leading online reputation management company provides visit http://reputationmaxx.com.