If you are wanting to travel light then give some thought to using just one carry-on bag. No longer will you be waiting in those long line to check your luggage in or waiting for your bags to show up on the luggage carousel. Instead, you jump straight on and off your plane without worrying about whether your bags will end up in a random country with you waiting for it back home.
You will also be surprised at how long you can live out of one carry-on bag. If you pack smart (and provided you have access to a washing machine), traveling for a week is just the same as traveling for a month.
You might be skeptical about this. Below are six ways that you can pack your carry-on bag and travel successfully for several weeks.
How to Pack A Carry-On Bag
1. Buy A Small Bag – it is natural for people to fill their bag no matter what the size is. By using a small bag you will force yourself to analyze what you really need to travel and what you don’t. You will be surprised by what you can quite happily live without.
2. Pack Small Essential Items – tooth brushes, hair dryers and other items can be bought in “travel” versions. Essentially, these are smaller versions of the real thing and are very handy when traveling light.
3. Make 3 Piles – put everything you think you need into three groups. One group is for what you can’t live with out, the second is for what would be handy and the third is what you really don’t need. Now get rid of the second and third group.
4. What Clothes to pack – take with you five outfits that can be mix-and-matched. This way you will have dozens of outfits that you can ware. One word of warning about jeans. While they can be worn with almost anything, they can also become heavy when wet and are hard to dry.
5. What Shoes to Take – in reality, you only really need two pairs of shoes. Ones that you can wear for formal or work occasions, and another pair for casual events or long distance walking.
6. At the end of your trip go through each item that you packed and take some time to think about which items you can leave behind next time.
Article Source: Articlelogy.com
“On the Road” is a compilation of destination ideas, resort reviews, videos and more gathered from a variety of sources that includes our readers.
The purpose of “On the Road” is to showcase some of the magnificent places in the world to visit, to give you an idea for someplace to go that you might previously not have thought of or known about. In most cases, but not all, we have provided a brief overview of a timeshare resort in the spotlighted area. Most of those resorts are either RCI Gold Crown or I.I. Premier quality. However, these resorts are not usually the only timeshare resorts in the area; be sure to check in your exchange catalog for a complete listing of available resorts. Check it out— enjoy yourself, go somewhere new this year!