December 25, 2015 — It’s that time when we get ready to say good-bye to another year as we eagerly prepare to welcome the new one. And, as I have done each year for the past many years, it is also the time for me to make some very important announcements that will take effect at the stroke of midnight (EDT) beginning in New York City when that ball drops in Times Square – bringing in 2016.
So Here’s The Scoop: Out the chute, the big news is that Donald Trump will not become President of the United States but will instead become a huge timeshare developer and begin purchasing many existing independent timeshare properties while building new resorts boasting the ‘TRUMP’ brand name.
Being the legendary deal maker ‘the Donald’ is known to be he will also buy out many of the existing owners/members at the legacy properties for pennies on the dollar and upgrade those older resorts with all the modern amenities. And it is rumored the company will begin marketing and sales operations NLT summertime next year.
The chitchat is he may bring in the legendary Jim Quincy and Casey Owens to head up his sales and marketing operations – selling, not weeks, not points but HDD’s (HUGE DONALD DOLLARS) with an undetermined face value that members will buy ‘today’ and then use (spend) for their future vacation accommodation costs.
The new timeshare club motto is rumored to be: “Don’t be chicken, don’t be shy, spend your money before fly”
The proposed name of the new club may likely be “AMAZING RESORT TRUMP TIME” (ARTT). Each property will host an 1,800 x 1,800-foot neon sign atop all the resorts and each property will be surrounded by an incredible wall with a one mile deep and 1 mile wide moat to keep any undesirables from entering the ARTT compounds.
NEXT – Because ARDA (American Resort Development Association), CRDA (Canadian Resort Development Association) and AMDETUR (Mexican Resort Development Association) care so deeply for all the marketing and sales personnel who make their very existence possible they will announce my appointment as President/CEO of a new entity they’ll form in 2016 called the ACMRA (American, Canadian & Mexican Reps Association).
One purpose of the association will be to establish the new 2016 marketing and selling guidelines for North America as well as defend and protect the rights of all marketing and sales personnel throughout the region.
Those new guidelines will include but are not limited to the following:
- No sales guest younger than 35 years of age will be allowed to attend a timeshare sales presentation unless the front line sales rep and closer are guaranteed a mini-commission of $750 (to be equally split) should the sales guest not purchase. The F/B’er (front to backer) will be paid the entire amount and in the unlikely event, in either scenario, should a sale be made normal commissions will apply
- No sales guest over the age of 60 will be permitted to attend a timeshare sales presentation unless the front line sales rep and closer are guaranteed a mini-commission of $750 (to be equally split; F/B’er takes all) if the sales guest does not purchase. Should a sale occur the normal commission structure will apply.
- No sales guest with a NET household income below $50,000 (USD) will be allowed to attend a timeshare sales presentation unless the front line sales rep and closer are guaranteed a mini-commission of $750 (to be equally split; F/B’er takes all) if the sales guest does not purchase. Should a sale occur then normal commissions will apply.
- No sales guest will be allowed to attend a timeshare presentation unless they agree to the terms on the back of the invitation form that they are accepting the invitation to purposefully evaluate the timeshare plan for its merits and that they will make a simple yes or no decision upon the conclusion of the presentation.
- No sales guest will be permitted to attend a timeshare presentation unless and until they agree prior to the beginning of the presentation that should they see the value of the timeshare plan they are to preview that they are not dealing with any near or long term significant financial issue(s) that would prevent them from taking advantage of the ‘offer’ that day.
As a result of these new initiatives the following applies to all marketing and sales reps.
A. No marketing rep can send any sales guest in ‘sideways’.
B. No sales rep (liner, closer or F/B’er) will be allowed to pitch any heat.
- C. No SM, PD, DOS, DOM etc. can terminate any rep without cause and must first receive the advance approval of the ACMRA.
As a result of those initiatives developers will adhere to the following as well.
(a.) All reserve funds being held are to be returned immediately with accrued interest of not less than 10% – compounded daily.
(b.) All timely payment schemes regarding earned commissions will cease and desist.
(c.) All developers will pay all marketing and sales reps a weekly minimum livable salary of $1,000 (USD) with next day all cash spiffs equal to 3% of each ‘deal’, and monthly production bonuses as well.
(e.) All developers will provide full benefits to all marketing and sales reps including a rock-solid retirement plan whereby the developer will also make contributions.
(f.) All developers will pay directly to each rep the ACMRA pre-approved percentage rate of 15% on all AMF’s (annual maintenance fees) that are generated to the developer from each ‘deal’ sold and closed by each rep. This is to be vested to the rep for as long as the owner/member continues to pay each developer including when the reps are no longer with the developer(s). I.E. In perpetuity.
(g.) All developers will pay each rep 15% of all closing costs and special assessments collected from each new owner/member the rep(s) sold and closed. As long as each owner/member continues to pay the developer this too (15%) shall be paid to each rep in perpetuity.
- (h.) All developers selling all-inclusive (AI) plans will also pay each rep 15% of each ‘owner/member’ purchase of said AI plan; and do so each time each owner/member purchases the AI feature on each vacation. This, too, shall be paid to each rep in perpetuity.
There will be additional policy announcements in the coming weeks and all marketing and sales reps worldwide are encouraged to post comments below (or e-mail me directly) with any new initiatives they’d like their new Association to adopt.
By enacting these policies the overall objective of the ACMRA is to assure developers, management, marketing and sales reps etc. that by doing so, without question, they’ll substantially increase their net sales volume, revenue and profits with significantly improved closing ratio’s and VPG’s – STATS.
Working together – we’ll all make 2016 and the years to follow the best ever!
Happy New Year!
Good Luck Out There
© Copyright Inside the Gate. All rights reserved.