PHILADELPHIA, PA (January 4, 2016) — AMResorts®, an Apple Leisure Group® subsidiary, closes a successful 2015 with an additional five resort openings, bringing its current portfolio to 42 luxury properties in 20 destinations by year end. The fast-growing hospitality leader plans to expand its portfolio further to nearly 60 resorts in 26 destinations and more than 20,000 rooms throughout Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America by the end of 2018.
“AMResorts’ rapid expansion is attributable to its strong focus on delivering the highest level of brand standards and the best guest experience,” said Gonzalo del Peón, President of AMResorts. “We continue to celebrate milestone entries for our brands to offer almost 15,000 rooms across Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, St. Thomas, Curacao and Costa Rica.”
Upcoming 2015 resort openings include:
- Breathless® Cabo San Lucas: Opening Dec. 17, Breathless Cabo San Lucas, situated on Medano Beach, offers the perfect mix of luxury and lively entertainment for singles, couples or friends. The contemporary, 169-suite resort promises an exciting, around-the-clock schedule of parties and monthly themed special events in an adults-only atmosphere.
- Now®Garden Punta Cana: Opening Dec. 23, the 180-room Now Garden Punta Cana offers multigenerational families and guests the benefits of the brand’s Unlimited-Luxury® experience, including gourmet dining and top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service, and endless day and night activities for all ages, including full access to neighboring Now Larimar. Guests can also enjoy the lush, botanical gardens on property featuring tropical flora and fauna.
Sunscape® Resorts & Spas: Sunscape Resorts & Spas will debut three resorts in two new destinations for the brand, where it will treat families to the privileges of Unlimited-Fun®, including 24-hour access to dining and premium beverages, concierge service and Explorer’s Club for Kids.
- Sunscape® Puerto Vallarta: Opening Dec. 16, along Banderas Bay with the stunning Sierra Madre Mountains as its backdrop, the oceanfront 320-room Sunscape Puerto Vallarta offers dining and drinks at six restaurants and four bars, and countless family-friendly amenities such as connecting rooms and in-room children amenities.
- Sunscape® Cove Montego Bay: Opening Dec. 23, the 122-room beachfront Sunscape Cove Montego Bay delivers access to eight dining options, seven bars and lounges, and daily land and water activities including an expansive waterpark. The all Sun Club resort offers guests elevated amenities such as personalized check-in and check-out with concierge services, access to a private Sun Club Lounge with complimentary Wi-Fi, daily refreshed mini-bars, upgraded bath amenities, complimentary room service, special treats for kids and more.
- Sunscape® Splash Montego Bay: Opening Dec. 23, the 308-room Sunscape Splash Montego Bay will offer six dining options, a family check-in experience, and entertainment and activities including its Pirate’s Paradise Waterpark, featuring a pirate ship with 40-foot plank bridge, lazy river and two waterslides.
Following the strong close to 2015, AMResorts will begin 2016 on a high note with the debut of its first property in Panama, Secrets® Playa Bonita Panama. Opening Jan. 7, 2016, the 310-room, adults-only resort will provide guests with its signature Unlimited-Luxury® experience, offering six gourmet dining options, unlimited top-shelf spirits, and free Wi-Fi and international calling to the U.S. and Canada.
“With a clear vision on the future, AMResorts is constantly making strides in the hospitality market to elevate and redefine the all-inclusive segment,” said Alex Zozaya, CEO of Apple Leisure Group. “Adding more properties in booming Mexican, Caribbean and Latin American destinations, and looking for opportunities to further develop our brands will remain crucial in retaining brand loyalists and capturing new audiences.”
“The introduction of destinations and swift expansion of our unique resort brands allow us to help the owners of resorts who are seeking our strong brand management services in desirable locations while fitting different travel audience needs,” added Javier Coll, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer of Apple Leisure Group.
AMResorts is the fast-growing provider of sales, marketing and brand management services to six individually unique resort brands. The Philadelphia-based company is continuously raising the all-inclusive concept to a new level of luxury with its signature Endless Privileges®, Unlimited-Luxury® and Unlimited-Fun® programs. Located throughout Mexico, Jamaica, Curacao, St. Thomas, Dominican Republic and Costa Rica, AMResorts’ nearly 40 award-winning properties treat every guest to premium accommodations, desirable locations and extraordinary inclusions. The brands in the collection include: boutique Zoëtry® Wellness & Spa Resorts (www.zoetryresorts.com; 1-888-4-ZOËTRY); adults-only Secrets® Resorts & Spas (www.secretsresorts.com; 1-866-GO SECRETS); high-energy Breathless® Resorts & Spas (www.breathlessresorts.com; 1-855-65-BREATHE); family-friendly Dreams® Resorts & Spas (www.dreamsresorts.com; 1-866-2-DREAMS); vibrant Now® Resorts & Spas (www.nowresorts.com; 1-877-NOW-9953) and fun-filled Sunscape® Resorts & Spas (www.sunscaperesorts.com; 1-866-SUNSCAPE).
PRESS RELEASE SOURCE: AMResorts