ORLANDO, FL (April 21, 2016) — Yesterday, Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation (NYSE: VAC) released its second annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report. The report, titled #theMVWay, showcases the company’s award-winning culture of putting associates first, serving its communities and caring for the environment. The company is committed to social responsibility through the volunteer service of associates, corporate contributions, in-kind donations and environmental conservation efforts.
“Our Corporate Social Responsibility Report exemplifies our commitment to value our associates and to care for the communities in which we live and do business,” said Stephen P. Weisz, president and chief executive officer of Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation. “I am extremely proud of our award-winning culture and the dedication of our associates to serve others.”
Highlights from the 2015 Corporate Social Responsibility Report include the following:
- Associates volunteering more than 12,800 service hours in their local communities.
- Over $1.2 million raised to support Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, the company’s primary charity for over 30 years.
- Giving $100,000 in corporate donations and nearly $426,000 in in-kind donations.
- Donating over 70,000 pounds of food to food banks around the world.
- Contributing more than 25,000 pounds of soap and shampoo to Clean the World Foundation to be recycled and repurposed into more than 85,000 clean bars of soap and hygiene kits and distributed to over 99 countries.
- Holding over 80,000 hours of associate leadership development and conducting over 200 associate wellness events.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide’s culture is the source of the company’s success. The company believes in giving back to the communities in which its associates live and work and in which its Owners and guests vacation. In 2015, Marriott Vacations Worldwide was recognized as one of the “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” and as a “Multi-Country Winner” in the Aon Hewitt Best Employers Program. Additionally, Marriott Vacations Worldwide was awarded with the 2015 ACE Philanthropic Award by the American Resort Development Association and presented with a “Gold Stevie” Award for Human Resources Team of the Year by the American Business Awards.
About Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation
Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation is a leading global pure-play vacation ownership company, offering a diverse portfolio of quality products, programs and management expertise with over 60 resorts. Its brands include Marriott Vacation Club, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club and Grand Residences by Marriott. Since entering the industry in 1984 as part of Marriott International, Inc., the company earned its position as a leader and innovator in vacation ownership products. The company preserves high standards of excellence in serving its customers, investors and associates while maintaining a long-term relationship with Marriott International. For more information, please visit www.marriottvacationsworldwide.com. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MarriottVAC and find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MarriottVacationsWorldwide.
PRESS RELEASE SOURCE: Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation