PUNTA CANA, Dominican Republic (July 7, 2016) — Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort, a multi-resort all-inclusive complex, has announced their partnership with the Real Madrid Foundation in an effort to inspire and encourage an active lifestyle at a young age by developing skills in a unique and exciting environment. Soccer professionals from the Real Madrid Foundation (RMF) will train boys and girls ranging from ages five to 17 during three separate five-day clinics. All proceeds from the clinics will go to the Real Madrid Foundation to help underprivileged children. The first clinic begins the week of August 22.
The partnership is the first of its kind and is the perfect soccer camp getaway for both athletes and their families. RMF clinics are split into different groups by age and each session is an hour and 45 minutes per day. These short sessions give players quality time with their families, new friends and an opportunity to explore the many amenities Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort has to offer. Along with its onsite professional soccer field, the complex boasts a PGA-rated 18-hole golf course, seven tennis courts, two multi-sports courts, two basketball courts, a semi-professional baseball field and a stadium-style sports theater for optimal game viewing – all on property, making the property an ideal choice for Real Madrid Foundation’s clinics.
“We are honored to partner with such a prestigious and world-renowned team,” said Giovanni Sbrogio, director of sales & marketing of Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort. “We highly value active recreation and this partnership is a perfect kick-off to our annual Sports Week, held this year from September 11 to 18.”
Children participating in these clinics are guaranteed a top-notch learning experience. All training conducted at RMF clinics matches the Real Madrid C.F. style of playing, dubbed the “Real Way.” RMF coaches have directly trained Real Madrid C.F. youth teams. The coaches’ main goals for the players are to:
- Improve soccer skills through advanced individual technical and tactical training.
- Encourage the sport’s inherent values through teambuilding, team tactics and problem solving on the field.
- Apply specific skills taught each day through competitive and real scenarios.
- To facilitate overall development and noticeable improvement through hands-on individual assessment and championship games at the end of the week.
RMF clinic information:
- Dates: August 22 to 26; August 29 to September 2; or September 5 to 9.
- One-week clinic costs $299, an extra fee to the all-inclusive resort stay. The fee will go to the Real Madrid Foundation for philanthropy projects that benefit children including medical check-ups and educational activities that promote family involvement.
- Sports equipment including shorts, t-shirts and a participation certificate are included in the fee.
- Age groups include U8 (5 to 7), U10 (8 to 9), U12 (10 to 11), U14 (12 to 13), U16 (14 to 15) and U18 (16 to 17).
- The sessions will be divided depending both on age and number of participants.
- The maximum numbers of players per one coach is 25 to ensure the best individual development of each player.
For more information and to book your stay at Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort visit www.barcelo.com. To register for the Real Madrid Foundation clinic please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call (809) 227-2356 or register online. Spaces are limited and will fill up quickly.
For instant updates on Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort, follow along on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
About Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort
The multi-resort Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort complex features two adjacent hotels – 589-room, adults-only Barceló Bávaro Beach and the 1,402-room, family-friendly Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe. Highlights include nine distinct restaurants; several pools; a 18-hole professional golf course; casino; cigar and rum lounge; sports theatre; 18-hole miniature golf course; water park; bowling alley; nightclub; and Vegas-style theatre.
About Barceló Hotels & Resorts
Barceló Hotels & Resorts is one of the 30 hospitality companies in the world and travel. Barceló was established in Palma de Mallorca, Spain in 1931, first as a transportation provider and then as a hotel and travel company. The family owned and private company has been recognized worldwide for more than 80 years because of its excellent service and innovation within the tourism industry.
The hotel company owns or manages more than 100 properties and approximately 43,000 rooms in 19 countries including the recently acquired Occidental Hotels & Resorts, one of the leaders in all-inclusive chains in North America with more than a dozen resorts consisting of four distinctive brands: Royal Hideaway, Occidental Grand, Allegro and Occidental City Hotels. Barceló Hotels & Resorts are located in key destinations and cities in Europe, North America, Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean. The company offers a variety of hotels and resorts to all kinds of travelers, from guests with a limited budget to special guests who seek exclusive accommodations. Barceló specializes in all-inclusive resorts that make vacation planning convenient while offering a price that covers everything, to unique experiences, to adults-only luxury retreats for unforgettable experiences. For more information or reservations, visit http://www.barcelo.com.
SOURCE Barceló Bávaro Beach Resort