MIAMI, Fla. (August 22, 2016) — Due to circumstances of force majeure, Palace Resorts regrettably confirms three upcoming performances by The Cranberries scheduled to take place at Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort in Cancun on August 26, 27 and 28, 2016, have been rescheduled. The unexpected announcement is due to the unfortunate medical condition of an injury affecting Dolores O’Riordan, the band’s lead singer.
After several weeks of experiencing severe back pain caused by a bulging disc; sore and limited relief from medications prevented Dolores to go on stage, and the band was forced to cancel their last concert in France. “By now she’s simply not well enough and in too much pain to be able to perform”; said Dr. Masterson of Limerick University.
Regaining her health and ability to perform has been a priority for Dolores in the last few days. Unfortunately, the severe pain and swelling have not allowed her to recover and Dolores has been prescribed with complete rest.
Performances from The Cranberries at Moon Palace Arena will now take place on February 10, 11 and 12, 2017.
Guests who had already reserved tickets through our telemarketing or concierge staff for the shows may contact their assigned agent before September 23, 2016 to confirm their seats for the new dates. After this date, reservations will be forfeit.
For those who purchased tickets for these performances, please see detailed information below regarding new performances on February 10, 11 and 12th, 2017 at Moon Palace Arena:
- If your ticket was for the Friday, August 26, 2016 concert, you can use that ticket to go to the Friday, February 10, 2017 concert.
- If your ticket was for the Saturday, August 27, 2016 concert, you can use that ticket to go to the Saturday, February 11, 2017 concert.
- If your ticket was for the Sunday, August 28, 2016 concert, you can use that ticket to go to the Sunday, February 12, 2017 concert.
- If you cannot be present for the new dates, you can request a full refund as of Wednesday, August 24, 2016, and until Friday, September 23, 2016.
- If you bought your ticket at an authorized Ticketmaster retail location (e.g. Liverpool, Librerías Gandhi, Farmacias del Ahorro, etc.), please go to the retail location directly.
- If you bought your ticket at www.ticketmaster.com.mx or via phone, please call (01) 55 53 25 9000.
- If you bought your ticket at Palace Resorts box offices, please head to the location where the ticket was purchased.
We sincerely apologize for this unavoidable inconvenience and disappointment and send our best wishes to Dolores O’Riordan so she may recover fully. We also thank the fans and followers of The Cranberries for your understanding and solidarity.
Joana Costa Marques
D +1 786 709 2681
T +1 305 532 7950 Ext. 199
M +1 305 491 6547