- “People come back from flights and tell you a story like it’s a horror story. They act like their flight was like a cattle car in the 1940s in Germany. That’s how bad they make it sound. They’re like, ‘It was the worst day of my life. We didn’t board for 20 minutes and they made us sit there on the runway for 40 minutes.’ Oh really? What happened next? Did you fly in the air, incredibly, like a bird? Did you partake in the miracle of human flight you non-contributing zero?’” — Louis C.K.
- “Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers.” –– George Carlin
- “Airline food is the tiniest food I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Any kind of meat that you get — chicken, steak, anything — has grill marks on each side, like somehow we’ll actually believe there’s an open-flame grill in the front of the plane.” — Ellen DeGeneres
- “Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.” — Al Gore
- “There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane…” — a Southwest Airlines employee
- “The major advantage of domestic travel is that, with a few exceptions such as Miami, most domestic locations are conveniently situated right here in the United States.” –– Dave Barry
- “The worst thing about being a tourist is having other tourists recognize you as a tourist.” –– Russell Baker
- “Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.” — Unknown
- “A tourist is a fellow who drives thousands of miles so he can be photographed standing in front of his car.” –– Emile Ganest
- “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them” –– Mark Twain
Clipart image courtesy ClipArtPanda.com
Do you have an ‘off’ topic you’d like to share? It can be about anything, which is why it’s called “Off Topic”. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the words “Off Topic” in the Subject Box.