GENOA, NV (Sept. 4, 2017)
he annual Genoa Candy Dance is an institution in Carson Valley, Nevada, happening this year on Sept. 23 and 24. It began in 1919 as a way to raise funds to purchase the town’s streetlights, luring visitors promises of free candy. and funds raised by the Candy Dance form a substantial portion of the town’s annual budget.
There are several opportunities for you to engage with this family-friendly event.
- More than 300 artisans from across the West participate in the craft fair, one of the greatest fairs in northern Nevada. Visit with the artisans, mingle with shoppers and enjoy the visual and creative stimulation of this colorful display.
- Everyone loves candy! Look, taste, buy and enjoy a never-ending supply of homemade treats – fudge, peanut brittle, divinity and other deliciousness – and chat with the volunteers who make the candy and put on the event.
- Tap your feet or twirl your partner around the dancefloor on Saturday night. Mo’z Motley Blues will provide live music throughout the evening. Enjoy a western barbecue dinner and no-host bar.
- Just look. Really look at this lovely Nevada community in the heart of the Carson Valley. The mountains, ranch lands historic buildings and local characters have been captivating visitors for generations.
- 2017 Genoa Candy Dance Art & Crafts Faire
- Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 23 and Sept. 24
- Genoa, Nevada
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Daily
- Admission is free. Paid parking available in designated lots; free shuttle service to the event
- 2017 Genoa Candy Dance Dinner & Dance
- Saturday, Sept. 23
- Genoa Town Park, Central Genoa, NV
- 4:30 – 10 p.m.
- Tickets available online or by phone at 775-782-8696
- Music by Mo’z Motley Blues, Dinner catered by Carson City BBQ
The Candy Dance website includes a map of the event, driving and parking information, and ticket sales for the Dinner & Dance.
Dotti Gallagher, APR, Fellow PRSA
RAD Strategies, Inc.
775-830-8500 – c