► Step right up, ladies and gentlemen, step right up and tell me where the carnival ends and the presentation begins.
Are we presenting a valuable product and service to potential clients, enticing them to spend a great deal of money now and in the future to guarantee them wonderful vacation accommodations in amazing places all over the globe — or are we entertaining at a child’s birthday party with clowns and pony rides?
So what’s the Scoop? What’s up with the swallowing of balloons at the podium and who decides that it “sells”? I don’t know either but you can decide for yourself at Scoop du Jour: A Circus or Clown Act?
► RCI is back again to celebrates its 11th consecutive year as title sponsor of the annual RCI® Christel House Open International Charity Golf Tournament. The tournament is held in several locations around the world and aims to raise awareness and funds for Christel House International, a charity committed to bettering the lives of impoverished children around the world.
The Christel House Open kicks off on Saturday, May 20, 2017, in Palm Beach, Florida, and continues across North America and Europe throughout the following months at these locations:
- Saturday, June 3 in Boonville, New York
- Monday, June 5 in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Thursday, June 8 in Branson, Missouri
- Sunday, June 11 in Daytona, Florida
- Monday, June 12 in Kissimmee, Florida; Myrtle Beach, SC; Vista, California; Williamsburg, Virginia; and the United Kingdom
- Friday, November 3 in Scottsdale, Arizona
This is the timeshare industry’s favorite cause. I hope you’re supporting it and I hope you let us know via press releases or other means how glorious your support is!
► Bluegreen Corporation’s financial report for the 4th quarter and full year 2016 is out, as part of parent company BBX Capital Corp.’s report. It’s looking pretty good.
Selected highlights for the full year 2016 versus 2015, include:
- Sales of third party VOIs – sold on a commission basis were $294.8 million vs. $251.4 million and generated sales and marketing commissions of $201.8 million vs. $173.7 million
- Secondary market sales of VOIs were $165.0 million vs. $138.5 million
- Just-in-time sales of VOIs were $39.6 million vs. $27.6 million
- Average sales price per transaction was $13,727 vs. $12,962
- Sales volume per guest was $2,263 vs. $2,381
- Tours increased 16.0% compared to the prior year
- Other fee-based services revenue was $103.4 million vs. $97.5 million
Fee-Based Sales commission revenue was $48.1 million and $42.1 million, respectively, during the three months ended December 31, 2016 and 2015 and $201.8 million and $173.7 million, respectively, during the twelve months ended December 31, 2016 and 2015. The increase in fee-based sales commission revenue during the 2016 periods reflects a higher proportion of system-wide sales of VOI being made on behalf of third-party developers as opposed to VOIs owned by Bluegreen. In addition, Bluegreen earned an average sales and marketing commission of 70% and 68% during the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2016, respectively, as compared to 69% during the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2015.
There’s lots more of interest to see; I strongly suggest you check out the entire report.
TWEET OF THE WEEK:
— Randall St. Germain (@CaminoMyWay) March 6, 2017
Where are YOU going this year?