PONTE VEDRA BEACH, FL (Feb. 4, 2010) — Golf Club Holdings, LLC and the PGA TOUR are pleased to announce the introduction of THE TOUR CLUB. Owned and operated by Golf Club Holdings, LLC under license from the PGA TOUR, THE TOUR CLUB is the first national sports entertainment club membership, which provides corporations and individuals with access to more than $1 billion in combined assets. Included in membership is a network of luxury residences, private and resort golf courses, previously inaccessible golf-centric experiences, VIP access to PGA TOUR events, TOUR-level golf instruction and event concierge services.
THE TOUR CLUB’s corporate membership is designed for organizations needing entertainment options that are completely customizable, scalable, geographically diverse, and available on-demand. The membership is more cost efficient than most traditional forms of business entertainment and is priced at a fraction of the cost of many stadium or arena suites. THE TOUR CLUB corporate membership benefits are ideal for client entertainment, executive retreats, employee incentives, loyalty programs, and vendor appreciation.
“Today, organizations need unique and value-driven entertainment solutions that build key relationships, leading to increased sales,” said John Fechter, THE TOUR CLUB President. “Through our strategic alliance with the PGA TOUR, we are able to offer a compelling alternative to companies seeking a sharper competitive edge. In April, we are looking forward to complementing the corporate membership by introducing a family membership that offers unparalleled access to the world of golf.”
THE TOUR CLUB membership highlights include:
- Golf Residences – Access to a growing portfolio of luxury residences (each valued at $2+ million) at some of the most sought after golf destinations in the world, including The Wynn, Las Vegas, NV; Pelican Hill, Newport Coast, CA; Sage Valley Golf Club, Graniteville, SC; Atlanta National, Atlanta, GA; and Pronghorn, Bend, OR. Additional destinations that will be added to the portfolio within the next 90 days include: TPC Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL; CordeValle, San Martin, CA; TPC Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ, and TPC Jasna Polana, Princeton, NJ.
- TPC Network National Membership –Corporate membership with the PGA TOUR’s TPC Network includes 35 TPC facilities and affiliated courses, 22 of which are private. Unique guest sending privileges across the TPC Network are also available exclusively to members of THE TOUR CLUB. The Network includes nationally ranked private clubs such as TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm in Washington D.C.; TPC Sugarloaf in Atlanta, GA; and resort courses such as TPC Sawgrass.
- Extraordinary Experiences – Unique experiences including golf outings held in conjunction with high-demand corporate entertainment events including the Kentucky Derby, the NCAA Final Four, and NASCAR races. THE TOUR CLUB has over a dozen experiences listed on its 2010 calendar.
- PGA TOUR Tournaments and Events – VIP access for Members and their guests to a wide variety of events across the PGA TOUR, the Champions Tour, and the Nationwide Tour, including “behind the scenes” access, guided tours of the clubhouses and media centers at Championship Management events from the TOUR CLUB staff.
- TOUR Academies Worldwide – TOUR-level training with top instructors and proven state-of-the-art technology based on instructional techniques used successfully by top touring professionals.
- Private Golf Clubs Worldwide – Exclusive access to a portfolio of nationally ranked, private golf courses through partnerships with THE TOUR CLUB and a proprietary reciprocal “Play-Away Network”, which enables Members to host each other at their home courses.
- THE TOUR CLUB Dedicated Golf Concierge – THE TOUR CLUB concierges are responsible for providing seamless travel and event planning services for Members and guests anywhere in the world.
“The PGA TOUR has always held a special position in the world of golf. Through our strategic alliance with THE TOUR CLUB, a wider range of companies and individuals will be able to benefit from our three professional tours and the TPC Network,” said Timothy Hawes, PGA TOUR Senior Vice President, Retail Licensing. “The integration of residences, academies, and comprehensive golf experiences, make corporate and family membership truly innovative solutions.”
For additional membership information, call 877-577-6420 or visit PGATOURCLUB.com.
About THE TOUR CLUB
Through a strategic alliance between the PGA TOUR and Quintess, Leading Residences of the World, THE TOUR CLUB is the first and only national sports entertainment solution providing access to the inaccessible by leveraging more than $1 billion in combined assets and offering access to 35 Tournament Players Clubs’ courses, luxury residences at some of the world’s most sought after golf destinations, VIP access to a wide variety of events across the PGA TOUR, the Champions Tour, and the Nationwide Tour, unparalleled vacations, and experiences that create a lifetime of memories. For more information about THE TOUR CLUB please call 877-577-6420 or visit www.pgatourclub.com.
About PGA TOUR
The PGA TOUR is the world’s premier membership organization for touring professional golfers, co-sanctioning more than 100 tournaments on the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Nationwide Tour.
The PGA TOUR’s mission is to entertain and inspire its fans, deliver substantial value to its partners, create outlets for volunteers to give back, generate significant charitable and economic impact in communities in which it plays, and provide financial opportunities for TOUR players.
In 2010, the three Tours collectively have tournaments in 34 states and in 12 countries outside of the U.S. PGA TOUR tournaments are broadcast to nearly 600 million households in 231 countries and 30 languages.
Virtually all tournaments are organized as nonprofit organizations in order to maximize charitable giving. In 2009, tournaments on the three Tours generated nearly $109 million for local charitable organizations, bringing the TOUR’s all-time total of charitable contributions to nearly $1.5 billion.
The PGA TOUR’s web site is PGATOUR.COM, the No. 1 site in golf, and the company is headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.
SOURCE: The Tour Club