ORLANDO, FL, (May 4, 2010) — Marriott Vacation Club, the premier timeshare brand of Marriott International, Inc., announced today the final phase opening of Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach, S.C. The new phase reveals 75 additional two-bedroom, two-bathroom villas and brings the popular vacation ownership resort to completion. Adding onto the resort’s existing 286 two-bedroom villas, the new villas bring the resort to a total of 361 occupiable villas, each with approximately 1,100 square feet of living space.
Nestled in the prestigious 2,200-acre Grande Dunes community and adjacent to the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes, Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas welcomes Owners and guests with a taste of southern living at its best. Each luxurious villa includes a fully-equipped kitchen with granite countertops, spacious living and dining areas, multiple televisions and DVD player, washer/dryer and a private balcony with sweeping ocean and garden views. Two-bedroom villas can accommodate up to eight guests.
“We are excited to open the final phase of villas at this fabulous resort, offering more luxurious accommodations for more families to enjoy in beautiful Myrtle Beach,” said Michael Reilly, general manager of Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes.
Owners and guests can enjoy a variety of amenities, including:
- Three outdoor pools, a children’s pool, a slide pool and four whirlpool spas
- One indoor pool, a children’s indoor pool and indoor whirlpool spa
- 2,500 square-foot fitness center featuring Life Fitness equipment, men’s and women’s locker rooms, sauna and steam rooms
- Sand Dollar Pool Bar (seasonal) and Woodsy Grill & Pool Bar (seasonal)
- Resort activities for all ages
- The MarketPlace convenience store and grille
- Fire pit and putting green
- Children’s three-story tree house play area
- Bocce ball and shuffle board courts
- Sports court including basketball and volleyball
- Expansive beachfront with private beach walkway
Additional activities and services include excursions to distinct Myrtle Beach attractions and access to restaurants and the full-service Hibiscus Spa at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.
Drawn to its carefree lifestyle, families have made Myrtle Beach one of the nation’s most popular vacation destinations. Marriott’s OceanWatch Villas is located less than 11 miles from Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR). For more information, please visit www.MyOceanWatch.com
About Marriott Vacation Club
Marriott Vacation Club is a worldwide leader in vacation ownership with more than 50 resorts and over 11,000 timeshare villas throughout the U.S., Caribbean, Europe and Asia. Today more than 400,000 vacation Owners worldwide own their vacations “the Marriott way” in a program highly regarded for its quality and unique flexibility. For more information, please visit www.marriottvacationclub.com and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MarriottVacClub
James Woelbern / Amy Immerfall
Marriott Vacation Club International
SOURCE: Marriott Vacation Club