Miami, FL, (March 10, 2011) -– Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services and an operating business of Interval Leisure Group (Nasdaq: IILG), launched its most prestigious membership level, Interval PlatinumSM. The program is designed for discerning vacation owners who desire higher-end travel experiences and personal attention at every step of the planning process.
“Interval Platinum is the latest evolution of the premium benefit options that we give members. We were the first vacation exchange company to create an upgraded program, now Interval Gold®, and we continue to raise the bar by offering consumers and resort clients the broadest array of membership options in the industry,” said Jeanette Marbert, chief operating officer of Interval International.
The global program was developed with insights from a cross-section of people from the United States and the United Kingdom who are enrolled in either Interval standard or Interval Gold membership. Marbert added, “The consistent message was that they wanted a high-touch experience and a wider variety of travel benefits. We believe we have delivered on those requests, and more.”
When available at the point of sale, Interval Platinum will also provide affiliated resorts with an opportunity to differentiate their products and add even more value to their offerings. David Gilbert, Interval’s executive vice president of resort sales and marketing, noted, “We can’t emphasize enough how attractive this new program will be, not just to members, but to resort clients. Because it appeals to affluent consumers with a strong travel propensity, Interval Platinum is an effective enhancement to any shared ownership sales effort.”
In addition to the benefits and services of Interval’s standard and Gold memberships, Platinum members will enjoy high-end travel-related products, expanded Getaway and exchange perks, and the ultimate in customer attention.
The comprehensive collection includes:
- Getaway Discounts – $50 off already reduced Getaway vacation rentals
- Priority Getaway Access – Platinum members have priority viewing and booking of Getaway vacation rentals
- Platinum Escapes – Special e-mail invitations to deeply discounted Getaways
- Complimentary Exchange and Getaway Guest Certificates – To share the gift of travel with family and friends
- Airport Lounge Membership – Complimentary membership in the standard Priority Pass TM program, with access at more than 600 airports
- VIP ConciergeSM – 24/7 personal assistance for purchasing concert tickets, making dinner reservations, and more
- Hotel, Dining, and Leisure Discounts – Access to more than 75,000 premium discounts from Entertainment® at IntervalWorld.com
- Interval Options® – To trade vacation time toward the purchase of a cruise, spa, or golf vacation
- ShortStay ExchangeSM – To trade weeks or points for quick breaks (from two to six nights each)
- Hertz #1 Club Gold® – Complimentary membership that provides expedited car rentals at more than 1,000 locations in 23 countries
- Companion Airline Certificate – Companion ticket when members book airline tickets to participating cities
- Private Jet Program – Discounts on private charter flights, as well as other Delta flight benefits through Delta Air Elite
- Platinum Service – Specially trained advisors to assist with vacation plans
Members enrolled in Interval standard and Gold programs are able to upgrade to Interval Platinum at any time. Benefits may vary by region.
About Interval International
Interval International operates membership programs for vacationers and provides value-added services to its developer clients worldwide. Based in Miami, Florida, the company has been a pioneer and innovator in serving the vacation ownership market for 35 years. Today, Interval has an exchange network of approximately 2,600 resorts in over 75 nations. Through offices in 14 countries, Interval offers high-quality products and benefits to resort clients and approximately 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programs. Interval is an operating business of Interval Leisure Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IILG), a leading global provider of membership and leisure services to the vacation industry.
SOURCE: Interval International