Overland Park, KS (June 18, 2014) — Tom Lyons, President and CEO of Global Connections, Inc. (www.exploregci.com), was recently recognized as one of ten individuals to receive the prestigious Cadillac Lifetime Achievement Award. The award honors Kansas City business and community leaders who have achieved tremendous business success while maintaining their commitment to community and philanthropic efforts. Lyons was one of ten individuals called the “Who’s Who” of Kansas City who were honored at a black tie event and whose “giving story” was featured as part of the gala event held at the Overland Park Convention Center.
Tom Lyons is a successful business owner and humanitarian. While actively running multiple businesses, including Global Connections, a leading membership travel company, and TITLE Boxing Club, the fastest growing fitness franchise in the country, he passionately gives of his time, talents and resources for a wide array of causes in the Kansas City metro area and Clearwater/Dunedin, Florida. Some of his numerous causes include:
- Guns ‘N Hoses charity boxing event benefiting S.A.F.E.
- Links of Hope charity golf tournament benefiting Hope House.
- Christmas in October, building and repairing homes.
- A Bed & Bread Club Member for Union City Mission.
- Blooming Kids Event Sponsor, sending foster children to camp.
- Random Acts of Flowers Sponsor, recycling wedding and event flowers for hospital patients.
- Salvation Army and local church family adoptions to provide holiday gifts to families in need.
- Strike A Blow Against Violence, a Kelsey Smith Foundation self-defense awareness and fundraiser.
He also funds the Global Connection employee committee to raise money and goods for charities including Ronald McDonald House, Toys for Tots and Project Walk. For over a decade he has awarded at least 100 condominium weeks each year to deserving charities for auction items to help raise funds for a wide array of reputable causes such as Project Walk, Wayside Waifs, St. Agnes Catholic School, T.A.K.E. Foundation, American Royal and many, many more.
Global Connections, headquartered in Overland Park, KS, is recognized as a leader in the travel club industry offering its members a host of benefits and vacationing options to more than 700 North American resorts. Global Connections is the owner and developer of resorts in California, Colorado, Florida and Tennessee and further owns and leases multiple resort condominium units throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
For more information, visit www.exploregci.com
PRESS RELEASE SOURCE: GLOBAL CONNECTIONS
Melanie Gring 561.417.7559