LAS VEGAS, NV (August 8, 2014) — On Saturday, August 16, 2014, Elvis fans across the world will be celebrating the memory of “The King,” Elvis Presley, on the 37th anniversary of his death. At the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, where he performed 837 consecutive sold-out shows, is a collection of authentic Elvis Presley memorabilia for guests to visit and admire including clothing, jewelry, costumes and the last car he owned.
Presley performed thousands of shows at the Westgate property, originally The International Hotel, later the Las Vegas Hilton and most recently the LVH- Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, after it first opened in 1969. Throughout his epic seven-year stint, more people saw Presley perform at the property than anywhere else in the world.
While at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, Presley fans can view the many artifacts on display throughout the property from The King’s Ransom Museum*. The current list of artifacts includes:
– The Last Car Elvis Presley Purchased – 1976 Lincoln Mark IV
– Elvis Presley’s 1973 Aloha from Hawaii Full Stage Cape
– “E.P.” Coveralls from 1972 documentary Elvis On Tour
– 1954 Elvis’ earliest known concert poster
– Elvis Presley’s 1953 Martin 00-21 Stage Guitar
– Elvis Presley’s From Elvis in Memphis Leather Jacket
– Elvis Presley’s two-piece “Indian Suit”
– Elvis Presley Show Tour Trunk
– Elvis In Concert Tour member’s jacket
– Elvis Presley’s custom paisley stage costume shirt
– Elvis Presley’s “On Tour” gold Nautic prescription sunglasses
– Elvis Presley’s personal trademark “EP” Aviator prescription sunglasses
– Elvis Presley’s Aloha from Hawaii squash blossom necklace
– Elvis Presley’s 14kt gold star ruby & diamond ring
– Elvis Presley’s custom-made two-piece Indian suit
– Elvis Presley’s mermaid stage costume
– Elvis Presley’s personal Walther PPK Semi-Automatic Pistol
– Elvis Presley’s emerald tourmaline and diamond cross necklace
– Elvis Presley’s zodiac stage belt
– James Burton’s (Presley’s favorite guitar player) personal Fender Malibu Studio Guitar
The property also houses the legendary 5,000-square-foot penthouse “Elvis suite” located on the 30th floor. Fans are welcome to pay tribute to Presley at the life-size bronze statue located in the Westgate lobby.
For more information or to book accommodations at the new Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, call toll free at (800) 732-7117 or log on to www.westgatelasvegasresort.com
*Elvis and Elvis Presley are registered trademarks of Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. – The King’s Ransom Museum is not affiliated with Elvis Presley Enterprises in any way.
ABOUT WESTGATE LAS VEGAS RESORT & CASINO
The Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, a legendary world-class destination, offers a unique blend of amenities and excitement with all your favorite table games, hottest slots on the market, incredible restaurants, endless entertainment, more than 200,000 square feet of meeting space and the world’s largest race and sports SuperBook®. The Westgate Las Vegas provides a range of culinary adventures including exhibition-style Japanese cuisine at the world-famous Benihana, fine steaks at TJ’s Steakhouse, Mexican specialties and fabulous margaritas at Vince Neil’s Tatuado Restaurant & Cantina, mouth-watering burgers at Burger Bistro, Pan-Asian dining at 888 Noodle Bar, authentic Japanese sushi at Teru Sushi, a traditional buffet that features tastes from around the world and more. The property boasts a strong entertainment schedule led by “Raiding the Rock Vault” in the main theater, as well as a variety of on-going headliners, comedy and production shows in the Shimmer Cabaret. Its proximity to the Las Vegas Convention Center and its designation as a Monorail station (connecting it to the Las Vegas Strip) makes it the ideal hotel for conventions and visitors alike. For more information or to book accommodations, call toll free at (800) 732-7117 or log on to www.westgatelasvegasresort.com.
PRESS RELEASE SOURCE: Westgate Resorts
Preferred Public Relations