Orlando, FL (May 20, 2015) — Travelers looking for romance and fun will find plenty to do in Cozumel, Mexico, located just 12 miles off the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, not far from Cancun and Playa del Carmen on the mainland.
This small, lush tropical island boasts the world’s second largest coral reef system – the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System. The destination draws vacationers and honeymooners with its spectacular diving sites, Mayan ruins and a shoreline that offers both white-sand beaches and a dramatic, rugged coastline. Visitors enjoy diving and snorkeling above vibrant coral reefs, dining on savory local cuisine and watching the sunset during romantic strolls on the beach.
For couples and families, Unlimited Vacation Club (UVC) by AMResorts offers the ultimate Cozumel escape. This vacation membership program has a portfolio of 37 resorts in top destinations in Mexico, the Caribbean and Costa Rica. In Cozumel, UVC members can travel to two premier resorts: Secrets Aura Cozumel and Sunscape Sabor Cozumel. These stunning beachfront properties put guests close to entertainment and adventure, including snorkeling, diving, lively restaurants and nightlife.
AMResorts takes the all-inclusive vacation to the next level, offering UVC members the premium Unlimited-Luxury®experience at Secrets Aura Cozumel and Unlimited-Fun® inclusions at Sunscape Sabor Cozumel. Both programs feature the full spectrum of services and amenities.
Secrets Aura Cozumel houses 238 contemporary suites with private terraces or swim-up access and striking Caribbean views. The luxurious, adults-only resort pampers with such Unlimited-Luxury® inclusions as 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini-bar, live entertainment, limitless dining at four á la carte gourmet restaurants plus a buffet venue and café, as well as premium spirits at five bars and lounges throughout the resort. Guests can also sneak away for a romantic meal on the beach. Adding to the allure, AMResorts’ popular Sip, Savor & See program invites UVC members to enjoy dinner, drinks and live entertainment at nearby participating resorts.
Thanks to myriad activities and three sparkling swimming pools, guests at Secrets Aura Cozumel can do as much or as little as they like. Dive into the deep with the help of the resort’s full-service, on-site dive operator. Not far away, the incredible dive sites of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System beckon. Afterwards, soothe tired muscles with a specialty treatment at the exquisite, onsite Secrets Spa by Pevonia.
Just next-door, Sunscape Sabor Cozumel is an ideal retreat for families, couples and singles. Fun is at the heart of this 218-room property boasting the largest beachfront of any resort in Cozumel. Spacious guest rooms and suites come with spectacular views, private balconies or terraces, mini-bars, flat-screen televisions and more. Guests can now receive the family check-in experience with great perks, including a red carpet, welcome treat and passport for children.
At Sunscape Sabor Cozumel, UVC members enjoy Unlimited-Fun® inclusions, such as: 24-hour access to food and beverage options at a variety of venues, including four à la carte restaurants offering health-conscious menu items and special kid’s menus, access to three bars and lounges serving international and domestic brand beverages, concierge service, a 24-hour front desk and more. There are land and water activities, two sparkling pools, a scuba diving training pool, the Explorer’s Club for young guests, ages 3-12, an exciting new program for tweens and teens and so much more. While children and teens are enjoying supervised fun, parents can duck in for a pampering treatment at the onsite Spa by Pevonia.
Secrets Aura Cozumel and Sunscape Sabor Cozumel put guests close to the action, from swimming, snorkeling and diving to eco parks and archaeological sites. Here are some highlights:
- Diving – One of the world’s top diving destinations, Cozumel is ringed by the coral reefs of the Cozumel Reefs National Marine Park. Dives in the area range from 25 to 130 feet in depth, making the destination perfect for scuba divers of all levels, from beginner to advanced. Dive shops and scuba instruction are available, many of them offering specialty diving courses for night dives, deep and drift diving.
- Beaches – Cozumel boasts exquisite beaches, lined with coconut palms and featuring white sands and the clear turquoise waters of the Caribbean. San Francisco Beach is popular with families, Palancar Beach offers quieter spots. Playa San Martin on the island’s eastern coast is known for its unspoiled beauty.
- Eco Adventures – Faro Celarain Eco Park puts visitors close to wildlife and tropical flowers. This 2,700-acre reserve lets visitors snorkel the colorful Chunchacaab reef, take a catamaran ride or kayaking tour of Colombia lagoon, and explore the ancient Mayan ruins of El Caracol. The park also has beaches for swimming and sunning.
- Mayan Ruins – For more Mayan ruins, Cozumel’s largest site, San Gervasio, was once a hub of worship of the goddess of fertility Ixchel. Visitors can also join a larger tour to the amazing sites of Chichen Itza and Tulum.
- Parks – Cozumel’s parks add even more options for activities in and out of the water. At Chankanaab Park, three miles from the cruise ship terminals, visitors can try snorkeling, scuba, sea trekking, parasailing and kite surfing. Additionally, there are opportunities to swim with dolphins. For visitors who want to relax on the beach, there are hammocks, beach chairs, huts, restrooms and showers.
About Unlimited Vacation Club
Unlimited Vacation Club by AMResorts is an exclusive travel club providing VIP privileges at luxurious AMResorts properties throughout Mexico, the Caribbean and Costa Rica. Through different participation levels — Pearl, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond — members can enjoy preferred rates, free nights and access to exclusive partner offers. AMResorts brands offer a variety of upscale travel experiences, from romantic, adults-only destination resorts to wellness retreats and family-friendly properties. Located in exquisite tropical settings, the resorts deliver endless luxuries, from pristine beaches, premier culinary programs and elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites to luxurious spas, nightly entertainment and scores of daytime activities. For more information, visit www.unlimitedvacationclub.com.
AMResorts is the fastest-growing provider of sales, marketing and brand management services to six unique, all-inclusive concept resort brands with 37 properties in Mexico, Jamaica, Curaçao, Dominican Republic and Costa Rica. These brands include: the luxurious and boutique Zoëtry® Wellness & Spa Resorts (www.zoetryresorts.com, 1-888-4-ZOËTRY); adults-only Secrets® Resorts & Spas (www.secretsresorts.com, 1-866-GO SECRETS); Breathless Resorts & Spas (www.breathlessresorts.com, 1-855-65-BREATHE); family-friendly Dreams® Resorts & Spas (www.dreamsresorts.com, 1-866-2-DREAMS); vibrant Now® Resorts & Spas (www.nowresorts.com, 1-877-NOW-9953); and fun-filled Sunscape® Resorts & Spas (www.sunscaperesorts.com, 1-866-SUNSCAPE).
Keisha Hayden, Senior Brand Management Analyst, Perspective Group
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (407) 730-3565