LOS ANGELES, CA (October 12, 2015) — Fall is a time when millions of people around the country begin to make their travel plans. In fact, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation, the busiest travel times of the year are just around the corner, which include Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. There are some great reasons why packing light will help make your trip easier and more enjoyable. And the good news is that it’s not difficult to do, either.
“If you want to pack right when you travel then you really need to focus on packing light,” explains Tina Aldatz, chief executive officer of Savvy Travelers. “There’s much less hassle and stress when you pack light and stick to the basics. You can put your focus on your travel, rather than having all of your attention go to dragging around way too much luggage.”
Here are some Savvy Travelers tips for packing light and right for fall and holiday air travel:
- Try to get everything into one carry-on. This will make it easier for you to move around and save you what can be over an hour of waiting at the checked bag area. Chances are, you don’t need more than what can fit into that one carryon if you are not going for longer than a week.
- Keep your wardrobe as simple as possible while traveling. This will help you to be more comfortable and keep you from over packing. Often times, you will not end up wearing everything you pack anyway. Plan a wardrobe that gives you the ability to mix and match pieces, so you can pack less and still have a variety of outfits to choose from.
- Wear layers when you get on the airplane. Keep in mind that what you are wearing won’t count against your baggage, so layer up. This will help you get more to your destination, especially if you will be traveling somewhere that you may need warmer clothing.
- If you are a reader and will want multiple books or magazines, opt for taking a tablet or Kindle to read these items on. It will save you space and make it easier for you to carry your bag.
- Take measures to keep well while traveling by plane. Germs abound on airplanes, so board them with surface wipes. As soon as you reach your seat, be sure to wipe down your tray table, armrests, seat belt, and vent knob with Savvy Travelers “Klean Offz” super sanitizing wipes.
- When packing your carry-on bag, opt for rolling your clothes, which will help to keep them from getting wrinkles and will give you more packing room. Also, opt for small toiletries to save space, including things like hand and body wipes and Savvy Travelers “No Sweat” deodorant wipes.
“When you pack lighter and smaller you will find it’s a breeze to get through the airport and on to where you are headed,” says Margie Floris, co-founder of Savvy Travelers, a marketing expert who also helped Foot Petals to become globally successful. “Tina and I have been traveling light together and learning many tricks of the trade since 1996. That’s how we came to create our products, which help keep us packing light, but will help keep us well and enjoying the trip.”
Savvy Travelers offers a line of products that help to keep travelers healthy and comfortable. The company offers a line of pre-packaged individual personal and surface wipes, deodorant, “Speak Easy” breath-freshening wipes, and more. For more information, visit the site at: www.savvytravelers.com.
About Savvy Travelers
Savvy Travelers offers a whole new way to travel that will help leave people feeling refreshed! Savvy Travelers offers a line of convenient single-use, eco-friendly, disposable products that have been created for the “on the go” consumer. Ranging from quick-fix beauty needs like deodorant wipes, nail polish remover wipes and facial cleansing wipes to surface wipe sanitizing products (even for your cellphone!), each item has been conveniently packaged and designed for the busy traveler. For more information, visit the site at: www.savvytravelers.com.
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation. U.S. Holiday Travel.