Supposedly these are actual answering machine greetings – recorded and verified by the World Famous International Institute of Answering Machine Answers. 😉 Whatever. They’re not bad.
1. My wife & I can’t come to the phone right now, but if you’ll leave your name & number we’ll get back to you as soon as we’re finished.
2. A is for academics, B is for beer. One of those reasons is why we’re not here. So leave a message.
3. Hi. This is John: If you are the phone company, I already sent the money. If you are my parents, please send money. If you are my financial aid institution, you didn’t lend me enough money. If you are my friends, you owe me money. If you are a female, don’t worry I have plenty of money.
4. Hi. Now you say something.
5. Hi, I’m not home right now but my answering machine is, so you can talk to it instead. Wait for the beep.
6. Hello. I am David’s answering machine. What are you?
7. (From Japanese friend): He-lo! This is Sa-to, If you leave message, I call you soon. If you leave “sexy” message, I call sooner!
8. Hi. John’s answering machine is broken. This is the refrigerator. Please speak very slowly, and I’ll stick your message to myself with one of these magnets.
9. Hello, you are talking to a machine. I am capable of receiving messages. My owners do not need siding, windows, or a hot tub, and their carpets are clean. They give to charity through their office and do not need their picture taken. If you’re still with me, leave your name and number and they will get back to you.
10. This is not an answering machine this is a telepathic thought recording device. After the tone, think about your name, your reason for calling and a number where I can reach you, and I’ll think about returning your call.
11. Hi. I am probably home. I’m just avoiding someone I don’t like. Leave me a message, and if I don’t call back, it’s You.
12. Hi, this is George. I’m sorry I can’t answer the phone right now. Leave a message, and then wait by your phone until I call you back.
Do you have an ‘off’ topic you’d like to share? It can be about anything, which is why it’s called “Off Topic”. Send it to email@example.com, with the words “Off Topic” in the Subject Box.