MIAMI, FL (Nov. 3, 2017)
lub Med – the pioneer of the all-inclusive resort concept – announced that it will open its first-ever resort in Canada, expanding its global leadership in ski resorts to North America in a much awaited return to the region. The brand new ski resort is planned to open in Quebec’s Le Massif de Charlevoix ski region in 2020. The reveal took place at Groupe Le Massif’s headquarters in Quebec City during a press conference held by Xavier Mufraggi, President and CEO of Club Med North America, and Daniel Gauthier, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Groupe Le Massif.
The project serves as a strategic symbol of rapid growth around the world for Club Med, which currently has plans to open 15 new through 2019 (of which one to two will be ski/mountain resorts each year), and either upgrade or expand nine of its existing resorts.
“Club Med is the world leader in all-inclusive mountain resorts. With 24 sites established in France, Italy, Switzerland, Japan and China, we’re excited to add Canada to our list. Each season will reveal the wonders of this natural site, offering our international clientele a place to discover year-round beauty,” comments Mufraggi. “It is often said you will only find a Club Med resort in the most beautiful destinations in the world. That said, it is an honor and privilege to be among those creating worldwide awareness for Charlevoix, a truly spectacular part of Canada.”
“Today’s announcement aligns with the continued development of this significant project that will position Le Massif de Charlevoix as one of the greatest international destinations,” states Gauthier, co-founder of the world-leading entertainment company Cirque du Soleil, and an initiator of the project. “Club Med is a world-recognized symbol, promoting families and an active lifestyle. Because of the two company’s shared values, the partnership between Club Med and Le Massif de Charlevoix represents pure authenticity.”
CLUB MED’S FIRST YEAR-ROUND MOUNTAIN RESORT
The project represents a $93million investment to develop a 300-room resort, including a 5-Trident boutique hotel-style area with exclusive amenities and suites. The resort promises to be a haven for family and couple getaways as well groups and conventions with spaces designed to accommodate seminars and special events.
Club Med brings its unique all-inclusive mountain vacation model to the heart of an already renowned ski region situated at the highest point in Eastern Canada, including a unique ski experience with spectacular waterfront views overlooking the Saint Laurence River.
The Massif de Charlevoix project was first launched in 2002 by Quebec developer Daniel Gauthier. As the first Club Med mountain resort in Canada, Le Massif de Charlevoix will blend creativity, authenticity, and culture to promise an awe-inspiring vacation destination with a picturesque setting, an outstanding line-up of activities, authentic food and unsurpassed reputation for service. The resort will be easily accessible: just one hour from Quebec City, and 90 minutes from the International Airport of Quebec.
This magnificent project is built to provide an experience that is deeply personal, emotional, original, and environmental, while focusing on the development of sustainable tourism within one of Quebec’s most popular regions, designated as a world biosphere reserve in 1989 by UNESCO.
THE INDUSTRY LEADER IN ALL-INCLUSIVE SKI RESORT OPERATIONS
As the worldwide leader and pioneer of the all-inclusive ski resort concept, Club Med operates more than 20 ski destinations across the French, Italian and Swiss Alps and is expanding its ski operations in Asia with the opening of its second resort in Hokkaido, Japan, this winter. By operating on such a global level, Club Med is able to identify key industry trends and continues to craft its product offering in response to evolving consumer expectations.
Club Med has identified three main trends that it is using to adapt its ski offering:
- A ski vacation is so much more than just about skiing
- Trend: Families and couples from all over the world – U.S., Canada, Brazil, Europe and Asia – who book ski vacations are looking for more than just ski activities. They are looking for “mountain experiences,” as the ski/snowboard activities are usually more important to one or a few members of the group, not all. This applies especially to millennials who seek experiences above everything else.
- Club Med’s Response: Club Med’s alpine resorts offer more than just ski activities – vacation packages include activities to explore each destination, local and authentic food, spas and Nordic hot tubs in the midst of the snow, new adrenaline-packed sports as an alternative to skiing, and charming après ski atmospheres and activities.
- Ski travelers want to explore new international horizons
- Trend: The world’s flagship ski destinations are seeing a stronger increase in visitors from around the world. For instance, guests from the U.S., Canada and Brazil are booking more ski vacations in the Alps. They are also becoming more interested in Asian ski destinations. These guests are traveling for the different experiences each destination can provide: Champagne powder in Japan, chalet atmosphere in France, cuisine in Italy, etc.
- Club Med’s Response: The international appeal for ski is very evident at Club Med resorts, and the resorts are properly prepared to welcome all guests. Club Med employs staff members from all over the world to break down language barriers and they are equipped to provide top-of-the-line accommodations, concierge-level services and authentic culinary experiences that vary by region to highlight local flavors, but also adapt to the clients’ customs and comforts. Club Med continues to grow its ski offering in Europe, Asia and now North America, providing plenty of unique bucket-list destinations
- Convenience is a luxury for ski vacations
- Trend: Vacationers seek time to disconnect and remove themselves from the stresses of their “always-connected digital lives,” and the idea of planning a ski vacation can seem complex to tackle all at once. Images of endless queues and difficulties in securing ski passes, ski instructors, ski gear, meals and options for children can be daunting.
- Club Med’s Response: Club Med has cracked the code on the realization of a seamless ski vacation through its all-inclusive resort offerings. Everything a vacationer needs for a ski vacation can be found on-site. With easy online registrations, pre-prepared ski gear and ski-in/ski-out access, guests can go straight from check-in to hitting the slopes in no time.
Club Med’s unique ski offering continues to improve and adjust to consumer demands and trends to ensure every vacationer’s expectations are not just fulfilled, but surpassed. This constant evolution has allowed the Club Med brand to grow and accelerate its development for more than 60 years. Now, Club Med is taking the successful ski model it has perfected in Europe and bringing it to North America.
For more information, visit www.clubmed.us/lemassif
ABOUT CLUB MED
Club Med, founded in 1950, is recognized as the pioneer of the all-inclusive market, offering nearly 70 premium resorts in stunning locations around the world including North and South America, Caribbean, Asia, Africa, Europe and the Mediterranean. Each Club Med resort features authentic local style and comfortably chic accommodations, superior sports programming and activities, enriching children’s programs, gourmet dining, and warm and friendly service by its world-renown staff with legendary hospitality skills, an all-encompassing energy and diverse backgrounds.
Club Med operates in more than 25 countries and continues to maintain its authentic Club Med spirit with an international staff of more than 23,000 employees from more than 110 different nationalities. Club Med continues to grow and adapt to each market with more than 15 new resorts opening soon.
For more information, visit www.clubmed.us, call 1-800-Club-Med (1-800-258-2633), or contact a preferred travel professional. For an inside look at Club Med, follow Club Med on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
SOURCE Club Med
Joseph J. Nuñez
Public Relations and Partnerships Manager
305-925-9168 | email@example.com
Michaelann Millrood/Patricia Sabino
212-445-8000 | firstname.lastname@example.org