-by Scoop (November 3, 2017)
ith only about 50-some days/nights and/or approximately 1,200 +- hours remaining before St. Nick climbs aboard his sleigh and heads off around the world to deliver the gifts that are beginning to occupy many children’s and adults’ nightly dreams, I’ve decided I better hurry up and write Kris a letter to let him know what I would like to see under the global Timeshare Christmas tree in 2017.
So Here’s The Scoop: I understand how busy the Claus household is so I’m going to narrow down what would otherwise be a pretty long bucket-list to just a few things that would benefit the masses. Here are the 10 things I want for Christmas this year.
1. Henceforth perpetual timeshare ownership/members contracts are to be eliminated and only offered as a conditional option.
2. All timeshare marketing & sales reps are to receive an end-of-the-year personal production bonus equal to 1.75% of all the ‘business’ they generated.
3. Timeshare owners/members must have, at their disposal, a realistic ‘exit’ option.
4. No longer can any timeshare rep be terminated “At Will”.
5. Annual Maintenance fees (AMF) must become ‘not-for-profit’.
6. All timeshare reps are to receive life & health insurance coverage as well as company-contributing retirement plans plus paid time off for vacations & sick-leave.
7. All-inclusive fees for timeshare owners/members & exchangers must be 75% less than what renters are paying during their vacations at the applicable timeshare resorts.
8. Exchange companies will pay reps for each owner/member they enroll in the exchange companies.
9. The American Resort Development Association (ARDA) and other industry associations will sponsor an annual event honoring all marketing and sale reps around the world.
10. When a timeshare owner/member doesn’t use their time (any year) and their home resort instead rents that ‘time’ out to JQP then the owners/members pay no AMF.
Good Luck Out There
© Copyright Inside the Gate. All rights reserved.